This is when a company’s IT department or third party partnership uses security software and tools to manage, monitor, and secure employee’s mobile devices including smartphones, tablets, laptops, and desktop computers over multiple mobile service providers across multiple mobile operating systems. MDM tools and security software are leveraged for both company-owned devices and employee-owned devices (BYOD) “bring your own device” across the enterprise.
- Protect your organization from unauthorized or corrupted devices.
- Automatically identify non-compliant devices
- Detect security threats such as rooted or jail-broken devices and automatically take countermeasures.
- Selectively wipe only corporate data such as calendar, email, contacts, and managed enterprise applications when a device is lost or stolen.
- Manage enterprise and personal data separately with capabilities such as selective wipe.
- Provide visibility and policy management via a single pane of glass.
- Leverage a single infrastructure to manage all enterprise devices: smartphones, tablets, desktops, laptops, and servers.
- Device inventory management capabilities
- Control non-compliance by disabling access to enterprise resources such as email and applications, or by using user notifications until corrective actions are implemented.
- Discover and understand which mobile devices employees and others connected to the network are using.
- Support devices on Apple iOS, Google Android, and Microsoft Windows Mobile platforms.